Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy 16th Birthday!



Wow! She's 16 years old already! She's almost as tall as me...I realize that's not much of an accomplishment but still ;) She's not a little girl anymore. She's really turning into a wonderful woman who is wise beyond her years! I know people always brag on their kids and say how perfect they are....but I kid you not when I say this kid is damn near perfect!! I honestly couldn't ask for a better teenager! She's very responsible! I never have to ask her if she has her homework done, has she studied for her yest, has she practiced her clarinet. She takes care of everything herself. She's an extremely self sufficient independent kid! She continues to carry a 4.0 despite taking the most difficult classes available. She could take the easy route to that 4.0 but Hannah likes a challenge! She's definitely a favorite among her teachers and they always tell us how lucky we are to have a kid like her...that most teenagers aren't anything like her! Believe me...we know that she's not the typical teenager! That awful mouthy lazy attitude that most teens have...we just don't get that from her. Sure...a little sass now and then...but she is MY daughter ya know ;) I honestly can't remember the last time I've had to discipline her....she just doesn't do anything wrong! I would love to say that it's a result of great parenting on our part....but I really think we just lucked out and were blessed with a really great kid! :)

Although I really miss the sweet little girl that used to stand on the fireplace and sing us a concert every night....I look forward to seeing what she's going to accomplish!

She's spending her actual birthday doing exactly what she loves to do! She had a bunch of girls spend the night last night. Then she has a performance of the "Beauty and the Beast" musical that she's playing in this afternoon. Then tonight she'll have Alex over to hang out for a few hours. Her big Sweet 16 party is in 2 weeks. Obviously we're not the focal point of her life anymore but that's okay. She surrounds herself by really good kids...and since they all usually hang out over here, I still get to enjoy her being around :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't believe she's 16 today. She helped us all grow up :-)

Happy Birthday Hannah!!!