Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Anyone got an ark?

So my laundry room that I've always LOVED having on the 2nd floor is apparently not such a great design. See...when the washer walks a little and hoses snap, the water tends to flood your house. Yep...almost the entire house has sustained massive damage! Ceilings caved in, walls blown out and carpet beyond soaked. Not to mention some furniture and god only knows what else yet! All 3 floors sustained damage!

Currently we have crews in the house knocking down ceilings and walls to dry the house out. So obviously it's going to get worse before it gets better! The insurance adjuster isn't even coming out til Monday because he needs to wait to see what the damage is going to be. I can tell him....the whole damn house is a wreck. Well minus the master bedroom and the kitchen....ya know, the 2 rooms that I would've LOVED to redo! Keep in mind we just redid this ENTIRE house less than 4 years ago!

So now all 6 of us are sleeping in my bedroom. Fortunately it's a large room so we were able to put the kids mattresses on the floor and Joey is in a pac n play. I've set up little areas for each of the kids to put their clothes. We look like freakin nomads!! My inlaws offered for us to sleep at their house but it's just too hard to get the kids back and forth to school since they're on 3 different schedules.

They're telling us about 4-6 weeks before the house is back to normal. Lovely!

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Oh no Jenny! That sucks. Hope you get your house back in order soon and that the insurance co is good to you. My dad and brothers own my grandma's house now and after hunting my brother accidentally turned the air on, pipes in the basement froze and there was quite the mess. They are redoing some things too.

luanne said...

So sad to hear Jenny.
Here is to getting your house done quickly.
Luanne